- Basic Computer Classes:
Twice a month, the Sidney Memorial Public Library, in partnership with the Sidney CDO Workforce, will be offering in person basic computer classes. At this time, the classes are limited to two attendees, and a facemask is required at all times while in attendance. These classes are intended to teach a wide range of basic computer skills in order to support those who are currently seeking employment. These classes will include such topics as:
- Using a mouse, typing on a keyboard, and navigating file systems and menus
- Essential Internet skills, such as email. Web browsing and searching
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Google Docs, Sheets Slides, Drive
- Graphic design using Microsoft Publisher and Canva
- How to build a simple website or blog
- Internet Security
- How to use Zoom and GoToMeeting
- Document/project collaboration
For more information about these classes, contact email@example.com or go to our Facebook page.
- Check out the on-line learning opportunities at Coursera!
The New York State Department of Labor is partnering with Coursera, the leading online training provider. Through Coursera, unemployed New Yorkers will have access to nearly 4,000 programs across high-growth industries and can hone skills in data science, business, and technology. Many of these programs are pathways to certifications, professional certificates and can help elevate your career.
New York State has a team of experts working to curate content based on industry demand to help job seekers gain skills to help them advance in their careers.
- For Career Development resources, go to the CDO Workforce website.
You may be looking for a job, but what you need is a career. The CDO Workforce can assist you with writing and enhancing a resume, job search and strategies, interview preparation and practice, and more. Whether you’re just starting out, or are in mid- or late-career stages, you must remember three critical factors:
- What skills do you have and how do they apply to the workplace?
- What workplaces need your skills?
- What do you actually like doing?
CDO Workforce Career System helps you through the process, from the first assessment, to resume-building, job search and career management. We know which employers are hiring, and what they’re looking for.