Book Discussion Group
The Friends of the Libraries book discussion group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 11:30am in the Smart Community Room. New members are always welcome.
- Sept – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Oct — Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Nov — Giver of Stars by JoJo Moyes
- Jan — Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Feb — News of the World by Paulette Jiles
If you would like to join the Book Discussion Group and need a copy of the book, just stop by our circulation desk and ask for one.
Due to COVID restrictions, there will be no movies shown at the library until further notice.
The Friends show a movie on the big screen once a month. This event is free and open to the public. Movies are shown in the Smart Community Room on the 4th Sunday of the month, beginning at 1:30 pm.
Due to COVID restrictions, there will be no Friends Book Sales at the library until further notice.
The Friends of the Libraries sponsor both a la carte (small) and large book sales.
- Books A La Carte (smaller sale)
- Friends of the Libraries Books a la Carte book sales take place on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Saturday of each month in the Library’s lobby from 10:00 am -12:00 pm. Lots of items for sale at VERY reasonable prices! Stop in and browse. We will have items of interest for everyone.
- Grand Book Sale – every fall and spring
- The Grand Book Sale is much larger than the Books A La Carte, and offers more books and different media, including magazines and movies.
The annual meeting of the Friends of the Libraries is held each year in February in the Smart Community Room of the Sidney Memorial Public Library in Sidney, NY.
The agenda will include a financial report and a review of activities supported by the Friends of the Libraries. All members of the Friends of the Libraries are invited to attend.