Come join our team! The Sidney Memorial Public Library, in beautiful upstate New York, is seeking an energetic, motivated, and creative librarian for the position of Library Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- oversight of library operations (including the main facility and one branch);
- management of staff, including hiring;
- represents the library in the community and governmental, organizational and professional affairs and activities;
- develops and recommends an annual budget and administers fund expenditures;
- materials selection;
- assures the physical facilities, grounds and equipment are properly maintained, updated and safe for use;
- recommends policies and advises the Board on operational, fiscal, staffing and facilities matters;
- envisions and interprets community needs, develops new programs and services for all segments of the community.
Qualifications: Possession of a Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library school. A minimum of three years of professional experience is required.
Civil Service Librarian II qualifications are available here:
Compensation: Minimum salary is $62,000, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package includes 90% paid individual health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and NYS retirement.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to: David J. Dewey, (by email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail to: David Dewey, Sidney Memorial Public Library, 8 River Street, Sidney, New York 13838.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.